Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, virgin and doctor of the Church  

Posted by siouxbhoney




On the day of 1 October



The Feast of Saint Therese of the Child Jesus, virgin and doctor of the Church. She was a Roman Catholic Carmelite nun who was canonized as a saint, and is recognized as a Doctor of the Church, one of only three women to receive that honor. She is also known by many as The Little Flower , and millions emulate her "little way" to follow Jesus.


Yes, it has been a while. Lets see if I can get back on the horse after this long, eh?

My mother once told me that she had learned or believed or had read that Job was originally written as a morality play. I always think about this whenever I scan over Job. I say "scan" because I have a hard time reading it. You always think that it is going to be a good read, being such a well known story, but it is really just people talking, talking, talking. All of the speech making also feed the "play theory". Anyway, it seems to me that what Job is trying to say (extensively), is that you don't argue with God. Plain and simple. You shouldn't even conceive of it. He is so much more powerful and smart that there is no point to it.


Today is hard. This is also a reading that I struggle with. I don't get it. Is this about having such a trust in God that we drop all of our obligations and concentrate on worship? Is it just about how those men should act when Jesus was physically there? I don't know. I guess I just need to think about it some more.

This entry was posted on 10/1/08 at 7:07 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment