Monday of the Twenty-first Week in Ordinary Time  

Posted by siouxbhoney





On the day of 25 August



Of Saint Joseph of Calasanz, priest, who established schools for the people in order to educate boys and adolescents in the love and wisdom of the Gospel, and founded the Order of the Poor Clerics Regular of the Mother of God of the Pious Schools at Rome.


**Saint/Feast of the day segment copied from the USCCB page.




I have such a hard time with the letters. I resist actually looking at them at all. So, it looks like what is going on here is that the Thessalonian Church was being persecuted, maybe worse than some other early churches. So, Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy are writing to let them know that they are spoken well of and being prayed for. Also, the missionary trio is pretty sure that God likes the Thessalonians, too.




This is a scary reading to me. Jesus is chastising the religious leaders of the day who have it wrong. They are emphasizing the wrong things for their congregations and, according to Jesus, sending themselves and everyone who listens to them to hell. Great. First we are told to listen to our leaders, and now, I take this as a message to further research and double check the things my religious leaders tell me. Oh well. I do that anyway. I hope everyone does. Nice to see that God continues to push us towards making the right choices

This entry was posted on 8/25/08 at 7:48 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment