Memorial of Saint Pius X, pope  

Posted by siouxbhoney





On the day of 21 August
The commemoration of Saint Pope Pius X, a priest with care of a parish, bishop of Mantua, then Patriarch of Venice, finally elected Roman Pontiff, who took as his motto of governance "to re-establish all things in Christ," which he fulfilled with simplicity, poverty and strength of spirit, building up Christian faith among the faithful through participation in the Eucharist, the grandeur of sacred Liturgy, and integrity of doctrine.


**Saint/Feast of the day segment copied from the USCCB page.


This seems pretty straightforward to me. God is telling his people that everything will be alright. He will deliver them from bondage. It seems kind of implied to me that he did it before, he'll do it again. There is only one part that bothers me, so I would love some explanation, or for this to be put into context. Verse 27 says: I will put my spirit within you and make you live by my statutes, careful to observe my decrees. Since when does God make anybody do anything? This guy is all about free will, and making correct choices on our own. So, is this reading about heaven, or deliverance from Babylon, or about the coming Messiah? Somebody help me here!


I love the imagery in this. You grasp right away that Jesus is talking about his/his father's rocky relationship with his chosen people. This does make me want to get a little more dressed up for church on Sunday, though.

This entry was posted on 8/21/08 at 8:21 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment