Memorial of Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, virgin  

Posted by siouxbhoney



I love these special saint days. So, today is the Memorial of Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha, virgin. I really advise scanning the link, because she's an neat saint I've never heard of.

Well, I've been having a lot of trouble, for some reason, with formatting. I'm working on it.

First reading is Isaiah 1:10-17


Wow. God is so ticked off that he is comparing the Israelites to the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah. It's a real threat. He's saying "Look what I did to them. I can do it to you, too." He's ticked because they are just going through the motions with their worship and sacrifice. At this point, he would rather them abandon what has become empty traditions, and actually go do some good among the needy: Those that have suffered injustice, orphans, and widows. It's a good start.


The gospel for today: Matthew 10:34-11:1
This reading always makes me want to go back and re-read The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis.
Jesus is telling us to put him first and ignore persecution even when it comes from our families. He's telling us that it will happen, and to be prepared.
More news on my favorite story: Bishop to lead flock to Rome after synod vote

This entry was posted on 7/14/08 at 8:28 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment